Monday, July 30, 2012

Eye Brow To Never Over Tweeze....Again

Once upon a time, I was in the ninth grade and discovered a tool called tweezers. Knowing what I know now, I would have never started tweezing. Pencil thin eyebrows went out as fast as glitter jeans (Remember those? My point exactly.)  If time travel were a possibility, I would travel back to my ninth grade self and hide every pair of tweezers that I owned. Also, I would gift myself with a flat iron, trust me, my hair was scary. I was in serious need of a frizz serum and high lights.


So, here I am at 24, with eye brows that are less than fabulous. What do I use to create the impression of “fabulous eyebrows”? I rely heavily on eyebrow kits and pencils. Now keep in mind, even with these tools, my eyebrows are not even close to what I want them to be. I’ve read a gazillion articles on growing your eyebrows out and from what I gather that’s next to impossible. I still hold out hope though.


Word to the wise, before attacking your eyebrows with tweezers, please, go to a professional (not just anyone, you probably want to avoid the nail salons) and have them wax your brows. Yes, it’s painful but beauty is pain. They are able to shape your brows and create an even look that is symmetrical for your face. Just make sure that you do go to a professional and don’t be afraid to ask questions.



Here are the products that I use to create sort-of-but- not-even-close “fabulous eyebrows”. Keep in mind, using eye brow pencils & powders is a trial & error system. You have to sit down and figure out how to apply your products, you want to avoid looking like Charlie Chaplin (Google him).  

1.) E.l.f Studio Eye Brow Kit (I have the medium color kit)
http://www.target.com/p/e-l-f-studio-eyebrow-kit-medium/-/A-13586131
2.) Maybelline Expert Eyes (I use the Blonde shade)
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Maybelline-Twin-Brow-Eye-Pencils-107-Blonde-Expert-Wear/10450497

No comments:

Post a Comment